Four Types of Entrepreneurs: Which One Are YOU?
Hello and welcome to Smart Laptop Lifestyle
My name is Jennifer and today I want to show you the different types of entrepreneurs so that you can see where you fit in the bigger picture and also know how best to approach your online business.
I will say from the start that I will mainly be focused on online businesses because I feel that this is the future for most businesses and the most successful.
Benefits Of An Online Business
Online businesses is much easier to set up and with the right help you can become very successful indeed.
Four Types Of Entrepreneurs
Many People that start an online business will fall into one of these categories:
- Craft or Technical Specialists
I will show the strengths and weaknesses of each of them.
- Language and numeracy (some managers)
- Meeting deadlines
- Understanding Complications
- Managing people (some managers)
- Can find it difficult switching from institutional to entrepreneurial life
- Not use to doing the detailed work
- Think that a small business is the same as larger businesses (but they are not)
- Used to the institutional work setting where things are done by others
- Sometimes an inflated sense of personal importance
Knowing that the running of a large business is far different from a small home based online business.
Also, making the transition to total responsibility.
Craft or Technical Specialist
- Concerns for detail
- High standards
- Curiosity about how things work
- Undervaluing their work
- Making things better and more expensive that the market actually wants
- To be Obsessed with the product rather than their customers
- More interested in things than in people
- Missing the bigger picture
- Snubbing sales skill, thinking that the product should speak for itself
Developing people skills
If they team up with someone, that person should have a big vision to help keep a balance. This other person could be a salesperson.
- Getting this does to deadlines
- Organisational skills
- Keeping records and can access them
- Understanding difficulties
- Attention to detail
- Narrow vision
- Can have a lack of social confidence
- Can have a lack of people skills
- Can be indecisive
To be able to broaden their vision and developing people skills
If they team up with someone, a good match would be a salesperson.
- People Skills
- Can be over-optimism
- Not used to doing the detailed work
- Sometimes think that paperwork is unnecessary
- Overriding colleagues through force of personality
- Spending heavy
- Misplaced self-confidence
- Inexperienced in difficulty of other commercial functions
- Can make commitments without checking first
Understanding the whole business whilst still using their sales skills effectively.
If they team up with someone, a strong-minded administrator would be a good match.
Compared to most men entering the world of business, most women are more likely to do more research and seek approval from others.
Women tend to think around a situation before committing themselves. The good side to this, is that they tend to build their businesses on solid foundations.
On a whole women tend to be better at keeping records and dealing with customers, supplies and staff.
One Of My Goals For This Article
One of my goals for sharing this article is to encourage more women to become more confident in themselves and develop their ideas, passions, dreams and build an online business that will change their lifestyles for the better.
Although the gap is closing between men and women in business. Men still have the edge when it comes to starting up a business and the stats show that Male Entrepreneurs tend to
- Grow faster
- Be more ambitious
- Get bigger
- Be faster moving
- Better at self-promotion
- Go bust more frequently
- Have challenges keeping staff
- Be Technical based
I mentioned earlier that one of my goals was to encourage more women to start developing their, dreams and passion into an income generation business.
My Main Goal For This Article And This Website
My main goal is to encourage as many people as possible to become successful entrepreneurs, and allow me show them how to do it.
I hope that this article has encouraged you or at least got you thinking.
If you want to find out more about how to get started in developing your passion, dreams, hobbies into an income generating business then click here and start your journey. It is Free to get started.
If you are interested in finding out more please leave me a comment below and I will get back to you.
If you are serious and want to get started as soon as possible then click here.
Thank you for reading and I would love to hear your thoughts. You can leave me a comment below. I would also appreciate your liking and sharing this article.